Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God is still in this thing...

Well, it has been a busy few weeks. My sister had her second baby, a little girl named Kanna Leigh, who is just about the sweetest thing in the world. Kanna was born the day before I reported back to school (8-9-10). Teacher's meetings and traveling back and forth to see Miss Kanna kept me pretty busy last week. Kanna is truly a beautiful gift from God, and I love my new niece very much.

Our home study caseworker called last week and wanted to do the next home study on Sunday at 1:00. After Sunday School, though, she called and cancelled. My friend who is also adopting shared Sunday morning that Satan will start to try to attack this process because it is God's will. I didn't feel too bad about not having the home study Sunday because the caseworker rescheduled for Tuesday night. But Monday rolled around and our adoption caseworker called to inform me that the parenting classes we were to take in October had been cancelled. I was starting to get really bummed. She worked it out for us to be able to drive to Elk City for the classes beginning on September 18th for 8 hours a day every Saturday, lasting until October 16th. I was relieved.

Then Tuesday rolled around and I began a new school year excited to meet some awesome Pre-AP English kiddos. By lunchtime, I was so sick that I had to call the office and ask for a sub. I went to the doctor Tues. with 102 temp. Needless to say, I was dehydrated and had a strain of strep. So, I missed the second day of school. You teachers know how hard it is to miss when you haven't even met them yet. I called the homestudy lady Tuesday afternoon and left a voicemail telling her how sick I was and could we reschedule. So, we haven't had homestudy #2 yet. After all of this, I felt as though Satan was going on his rampage. So I prayed, and my mom prayed, and my aunt prayed, and my Granny prayer, and my friend prayed...

Our God is still in control. He has provided for us every step of the way. We have wonderful parents, siblings, friends, aunts, uncles, cousins praying us through this process. God is still very much in this thing and we are ready for the next step, whatever and whenever that may be.
Love, Audra

1 comment:

  1. God is in control. Praise the Lord! We continue to daily lift you, Chris, your future children, and their birth parents before the Lord. You are deeply loved and cherished.

    ReplyDelete